- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
6. (1) In the case of each controlled and maintained school with a delegated budget, the board shall put at the disposal of the Board of Governors in respect of each financial year a sum equal to the school's budget share for that year, to be spent for the purposes of the school.
(2) The times at which, and the manner in which, any such sum is put at the disposal of the Board of Governors shall be such as may be provided by or under the scheme.
(3) A board may not delegate to the Board of Governors of a relevant controlled or maintained school the power to spend any amount appropriated by the board for the purposes of the school otherwise than as required or authorised by or under the scheme.
(4) The Board of Governors of a school which has a delegated budget—
(a)shall be entitled, subject to any provision made by or under the scheme, to spend any sum made available to it in respect of the school's budget share for a financial year as it thinks fit for the purposes of the school; and
(b)may delegate to the principal, to such extent as may be permitted by or under the scheme, its power under sub-paragraph (a) in relation to any part of that sum.
(5) The members of the Board of Governors of a school shall not incur any personal liability in respect of anything done in good faith in the exercise or purported exercise of their powers under paragraph (4).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Northern Ireland Order in Council and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Order accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Order in Council made since 2002.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: