- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Energy (Northern Ireland) Order 2003. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
15.—(1) The Department after consultation with the Authority, or the Authority with the consent of the Department, may in accordance with this paragraph modify—N.I.
(a)a gas licence or an electricity licence; or
(b)the standard conditions of licences under sub-paragraph (a), (b) or (c) of Article 8(1) of the Gas Order,
where the Department or (as the case may be) the Authority considers it necessary or expedient to do so in consequence of this Order.
(2) In particular the Department or the Authority may under sub-paragraph (1)(a) or (b) make modifications in consequence of, or of preparations for—
(a)the establishment of the Authority;
(b)the conferral by this Order of functions on the Authority or the Council; or
(c)the abolition of any office or body mentioned in Article 3(4) or 9(3).
(3) Where the Department or the Authority makes any modification under sub-paragraph (1)(a) or (b) it may make such incidental or consequential modifications to the licence or conditions as it considers necessary or expedient.
(4) Before making any modification under sub-paragraph (1) or (3) the Department or Authority shall consult the licence holder.
(5) Any consultation undertaken by the Director General of Gas for Northern Ireland or the Director General of Electricity Supply for Northern Ireland before the commencement of Article 3(1) shall be as effective for the purposes of this paragraph as if undertaken by the Authority after that time.
(6) Any modification of part of a standard condition of a gas licence under paragraph (1)(a) shall not prevent any other part of the condition from continuing to be regarded as a standard condition for the purposes of Part II of the Gas Order.
(7) Where at any time the Department or the Authority modifies under paragraph (1)(b) the standard conditions of licences under sub-paragraph (a), (b) or (c) of Article 8(1) of the Gas Order, it shall also make (as nearly as may be) the same modifications of those conditions for the purposes of their incorporation in licences of that type granted after that time.
(8) Where the Department or the Authority makes any modifications under this paragraph it shall publish those modifications in such manner as it considers appropriate.
(9) The powers of the Department and the Authority under sub-paragraphs (1) and (3) may not be exercised after the end of the period of two years beginning with the commencement of this paragraph.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: