- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
16. (1) The following persons shall sign the marriage schedule immediately after the solemnisation of a religious marriage—
(a)both parties to the marriage;
(b)both witnesses to the marriage; and
(2) The parties to the marriage shall arrange for the marriage schedule to be delivered to the registrar within three days of the marriage.
(3) The registrar shall register the marriage as soon as practicable after he receives the marriage schedule.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), the registrar shall not register the marriage if he does not receive the marriage schedule.
(5) If the Registrar General is satisfied that the marriage schedule for a properly solemnised marriage has been lost, destroyed or damaged, he may direct the registrar to—
(a)make arrangements for the persons mentioned in paragraph (1) to complete a copy of the original marriage schedule; and
(b)register the marriage.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: