- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Environment (Northern Ireland) Order 2002. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
21.—(1) Notwithstanding any prohibition or restriction imposed by or under any statutory provision or rule of law, information of any description may be disclosed—
(a)by the Department to any relevant authority; or
(b)by any relevant authority to the Department or to any other relevant authority,
for the purpose of facilitating the carrying out by the Department or by any relevant authority of any of its functions under this Part; and no person shall be subject to any civil or criminal liability in consequence of any disclosure made by virtue of this paragraph.
(2) Nothing in this Article shall authorise the disclosure of information, disclosure of which would, in the opinion of the Secretary of State, be contrary to the interests of national security.
(3) No information disclosed to any person under this Article shall be disclosed by that person to any other person otherwise than in accordance with the provisions of this Article, or any other statutory provision which authorises or requires the disclosure, if that information is information—
(a)which relates to a trade secret of any person or which otherwise is or might be commercially confidential in relation to any person; or
(b)whose disclosure otherwise than under this Article would, in the opinion of the Secretary of State, be contrary to the interests of national security.
(4) Any authorisation by or under this Article of the disclosure of information by or to any person shall be taken to authorise the disclosure of that information by or, as the case may be, to any officer of his who is authorised by him to make the disclosure or, as the case may be, to receive the information.
(5) Information is for the purposes of this Article commercially confidential in relation to any person if its disclosure would prejudice to an unreasonable degree the commercial interest of that person.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: