- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
5.—(1) Where in the opinion of the Board the liability of any person for a penalty under Article 12 or 13 arises by reason of the fraud of that or any other person, proceedings for the penalty may be instituted before the High Court.N.I.
(2) Subject to sub-paragraph (3), proceedings under this paragraph shall be instituted in the name of the Attorney General for Northern Ireland.
(3) Sub-paragraph (2) shall not prevent proceedings under this paragraph being instituted under the Crown Proceedings Act 1947 (c. 44) by and in the name of the Board as an authorised department for the purposes of that Act.
(4) Any proceedings under this paragraph shall be deemed to be civil proceedings by the Crown within the meaning of Part II of the Crown Proceedings Act 1947 (c. 44).
(5) If in proceedings under this paragraph the court does not find that fraud is proved but considers that the person concerned is nevertheless liable to a penalty, the court may determine a penalty notwithstanding that, but for the opinion of the Board as to fraud, the penalty would not have been a matter for the court.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: