- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
4. (1) Where the Secretary of State proposes to make regulations under Article 3, he shall refer a draft of the proposed regulations to the Assembly.
(2) The Assembly shall, within such period as the Secretary of State may specify, report to the Secretary of State the views expressed in the Assembly on the proposed regulations.
(3) The Secretary of State shall consider any report which is made to him under paragraph (2) within the period specified under that paragraph.
(4) In exercising his powers under Article 3 the Secretary of State shall have regard to the Belfast Agreement.
(5) No regulations may be made under Article 3 unless a draft of the regulations has been laid before and approved by resolution of each House of Parliament.
(6) The draft laid under paragraph (5) shall be accompanied by—
(a)a copy of any report considered by the Secretary of State under paragraph (3); and
(b)if, as a result of any such report, the proposed regulations have been changed, a statement containing details of the changes.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: