- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
4. (1) For the purposes of a formal investigation the Commission may serve a notice on any person requiring him—N.I.
(a)to give such written information as may be described in the notice; or
(b)to attend and give oral information about any matter specified in the notice, and to produce all documents in his possession or control relating to any such matter.
(2) A notice under this paragraph may only be served on the written authority of the Office unless the terms of reference confine the investigation to the activities of one or more named persons and the person being served is one of those persons.
(3) A person may not be required by a notice under this paragraph—
(a)to give information, or produce a document, which he could not be compelled to give in evidence, or produce, in civil proceedings before the High Court; or
(b)to attend at any place unless the necessary expenses of his journey to and from that place are paid or tendered to him.
5. (1) The Commission may apply to a county court for an order under this paragraph if—N.I.
(a)a person has been served with a notice under paragraph 4; and
(b)he fails to comply with it or the Commission has reasonable cause to believe that he intends not to comply with it.
(2) An order under this paragraph is an order requiring the person concerned to comply with the notice or with such directions for the same purpose as may be contained in the order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: