The Northern Ireland departmentsN.I.
3. (1) There shall be established departments to be known as—
(a)the Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister;
(b)the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure;
(c)the Department of Higher and Further Education, Training and Employment;
(d)the Department for Regional Development; and
(e)the Department for Social Development.
(2) The Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister shall be in the charge of the First Minister and the deputy First Minister acting jointly.
(3) The departments in existence immediately before the coming into operation of this Article shall continue in existence and, subject to paragraphs (4) to (7), shall continue to be known by the same names as immediately before that time.
(4) The Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland shall be renamed the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
(5) The Department of Economic Development shall be renamed the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment.
(6) The Department of Health and Social Services for Northern Ireland shall be renamed the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety.
(7) Where the words “for Northern Ireland” form part of the name of any other department to which paragraph (3) applies, those words shall be omitted from the name of that department.
(8) Accordingly, as from the coming into operation of this Article, there shall be the departments set out in Schedule 1.
(9) The following provisions of this Order apply in relation to the departments set out in Schedule 1.