- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
3. (1) The Board shall consist of not fewer than 12 nor more than 15 persons (in this Schedule referred to as “trustees”) as the Head of the Department shall appoint after consultation with—N.I.
(a)such persons as appear to him to represent—
(ii)persons engaged in providing education;
(iii)persons engaged in promoting the awareness, appreciation and understanding by the public of the heritage of Northern Ireland;
(b)such other persons as the Head of the Department shall think fit.
(2) In the period of 12 months from the making of this Order, sub-paragraph (1) shall have effect with the omission of the words from “after consultation with” to the end.
(3) The Head of the Department shall appoint one of the trustees to be chairman who, in the case of an equality of votes, shall have a second or casting vote.
(4) The trustees may elect one of their number as vice-chairman.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: