- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
12. (1) The Department may by regulations make provision requiring the Board of Governors of each grant-aided school to provide to the Department such individual performance information relating to pupils or former pupils at the school as may be prescribed.
(2) In this Article “individual performance information” means information about the performance of individual pupils (identified in the prescribed manner)—
(a)in any assessment made—
(i)under Article 6(3) of the 1989 Order; or
(ii)under Article 8(1);
(b)in any prescribed public examination;
(c)in connection with the attainment of any vocational qualification; or
(d)in any such other assessment or examination, or in connection with the attainment of any such other qualification, as may be prescribed.
(3) The Department may provide any information received by it under paragraph (1)—
(a)to any prescribed body or person;
(b)to any body or person falling within a prescribed category.
(4) Any body or person holding any individual performance information may provide that information to any body to which this paragraph applies; and any body to which this paragraph applies—
(a)may provide any information received by it under this paragraph—
(i)to the Department; or
(ii)to the Board of Governors of the school attended by the pupil or pupils to whom the information relates; and
(b)may, at such times as the Department may determine, provide to any prescribed body such information received by it under this paragraph as may be prescribed.
(5) Paragraph (4) applies to any body which, for the purposes of or in connection with the functions of the Department relating to education, is responsible for collating or checking information relating to the performance of pupils—
(a)in any assessment or examination falling within paragraph (2)(a), (b) or (d); or
(b)in connection with the attainment of any qualification falling within paragraph (2)(c) or (d).
(6) No individual performance information received under this Article shall be published in any form which includes the name of the pupil or pupils to whom it relates.
(7) References in this Article to the attainment of a qualification of any description include references to the completion of any module or part of a course leading to any such qualification.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: