- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to Education (Northern Ireland) Order 1998. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
12. (1) The Department may by regulations make provision requiring the Board of Governors of each grant-aided school to provide to the Department such individual performance information relating to pupils or former pupils at the school as may be prescribed.
(2) In this Article “individual performance information” means information about the performance of individual pupils (identified in the prescribed manner)—
[F1(a)in any assessment made under Article 9 of the Education (Northern Ireland) Order 2006;]
(b)in any prescribed public examination;
(c)in connection with the attainment of any vocational qualification; or
(d)in any such other assessment or examination, or in connection with the attainment of any such other qualification, as may be prescribed.
(3) The Department may provide any information received by it under paragraph (1)—
(a)to any prescribed body or person;
(b)to any body or person falling within a prescribed category.
(4) Any body or person holding any individual performance information may provide that information to any body to which this paragraph applies; and any body to which this paragraph applies—
(a)may provide any information received by it under this paragraph—
(i)to the Department; or
(ii)to the Board of Governors of the school attended by the pupil or pupils to whom the information relates; and
(b)may, at such times as the Department may determine, provide to any prescribed body such information received by it under this paragraph as may be prescribed.
(5) Paragraph (4) applies to any body which, for the purposes of or in connection with the functions of the Department relating to education, is responsible for collating or checking information relating to the performance of pupils—
(a)in any assessment or examination falling within paragraph (2)(a), (b) or (d); or
(b)in connection with the attainment of any qualification falling within paragraph (2)(c) or (d).
(6) No individual performance information received under this Article shall be published in any form which includes the name of the pupil or pupils to whom it relates.
(7) References in this Article to the attainment of a qualification of any description include references to the completion of any module or part of a course leading to any such qualification.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: