- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Social Security (Recovery of Benefits) (Northern Ireland) Order 1997. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
27. This Order binds the Crown to the full extent authorised by the constitutional laws of Northern Ireland.
28. (1) Regulations or orders made under this Order other than orders made under Article l(2) or regulations made under Article 26(1) shall be subject to negative resolution.
(2) Regulations under Article 22, under Article 26 amending the list of benefits in column (2) of Schedule 2 or under paragraph 9 of Schedule 1 may not be made without the consent of the Department of Finance and Personnel.
(3) Subsections (4), (5), (6) and (10) of section 165 of the Administration Act (regulations and orders – general) apply for the purposes of this Order as they apply for the purposes of that Act.
29. (1) There shall be paid out of the National Insurance Fund any expenses of the Department in making payments under Article 16 or 22 to the extent that the Department estimates that those payments relate to sums paid out of that Fund.
(2) Any sums paid to the Department under Article 8 or 16 shall be paid—
(a)into the Consolidated Fund, to the extent that the Department estimates that the sums relate to payments out of money appropriated by Measure, and
(b)into the National Insurance Fund, to the extent that the Department estimates that they relate to payments out of that Fund.
30. (1) Regulations may make such transitional and consequential provisions, and such savings, as the Department considers necessary or expedient in preparation for, in connection with, or in consequence of—
(a)the coming into operation of any provision of this Order, or
(b)the operation of any statutory provision repealed or amended by a provision of this Order during any period when the repeal or amendment is not wholly in operation.
(2) Regulations under this Article may (among other things) provide—
(a)for compensation payments in relation to which, by virtue of Article 4, this Order does not apply to be treated as payments in relation to which this Order applies,
(b)for compensation payments in relation to which, by virtue of Article 4, this Order applies to be treated as payments in relation to which this Order does not apply, and
(c)for the modification of any statutory provision contained in this Order or referred to in paragraph (1)(b) in its application to any compensation payment.
Article 31—Amendments and repeals
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: