- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
17.—(1) This Article applies where a court makes an order for a compensation payment to be made in any case, unless the order is made with the consent of the injured person and the person by whom the payment is to be made.
(2) The court shall, in the case of each head of compensation listed in column (1) of Schedule 2 to which any of the compensation payment is attributable, specify in the order the amount of the compensation payment which is attributable to that head.
18.—(1) Regulations may make provision (including provision modifying this Order) for any case in which a payment into court is made.
(2) The regulations may (among other things) provide—
(a)for the making of a payment into court to be treated in prescribed circumstances as the making of a compensation payment,
(b)for application for, and issue of, certificates of recoverable benefits, and
(c)for the relevant period to be treated as ending on a date determined in accordance with the regulations.
(3) Rules of court and county court rules may make provision governing practice and procedure in such cases.
19. In assessing damages in respect of any accident, injury or disease, the amount of any listed benefits paid or likely to be paid is to be disregarded.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: