- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
3. (1) In the [1955 c. 24 (N.I.).] Administration of Estates Act (Northern Ireland) 1955 ( “the 1955 Act”), after section 6 there shall be inserted the following section—
(a)the intestate dies leaving a spouse, but
(b)the spouse dies before the end of the period of 28 days beginning on (and including) the day on which the intestate died,
this Part shall have effect as respects the intestate as if the spouse had not survived the intestate.”.
(2) Section 17 of the 1955 Act (advancements to children of intestate to be brought into account) is hereby repealed.
(3) Paragraphs (1) and (2) have effect as respects an intestate dying after the coming into operation of this Order.
(4) In section 19(1) of the 1955 Act (construction of documents) the references to Part II of that Act and to the foregoing provisions of that Part shall, in relation to an instrument inter vivos made or a will coming into operation after the coming into operation of this Order (but not in relation to instruments inter vivos made and wills coming into operation earlier), be construed as including references to this Article.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: