- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Licensing (Northern Ireland) Order 1996. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
Whole provisions yet to be inserted into this Order (including any effects on those provisions):
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
11. A person who intends to make an application to have the provisional grant of a licence declared final shall, not less than 3 weeks before the time of the opening of the court sitting at which the application is to be made, serve notice of the application upon the chief clerk and at the same time serve a copy of the notice upon—N.I.
(a)the sub-divisional commander of the police sub-division in which the premises are situated;
(b)where the applicant resides in some other police sub-division, upon the sub-divisional commander of that sub-division;
(c)the district council for the district in which the premises are situated.
12. The notice mentioned in paragraph 11 shall be in such form and shall contain such information as may be prescribed by county court rules.N.I.
13. A sub-divisional commander upon whom notice is required by paragraph 11 to be served or the district council mentioned in that paragraph may appear at the hearing of the application and object to the grant of the licence being declared final on the ground—N.I.
(a)that the applicant is not a fit person to hold a licence; or
(b)that the premises have not been completed in accordance with the plans deposited under Part I as modified by Part II or in accordance with those plans with modifications consented to under Article 9(6).
14. A person intending to object under paragraph 13 shall not less than 1 week before the time of the opening of the court sitting at which the application is to be made,—N.I.
(a)serve upon the applicant notice of his intention to object;
(b)serve a copy of the notice upon the chief clerk.
15. Before or at the hearing of the application to have the provisional grant of a licence declared final, the applicant shall deposit the licence with the chief clerk.N.I.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: