SCHEDULE 1THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF GAS FOR NORTHERN IRELAND
Remuneration, pensions, etc.
1.—(1) There shall be paid to the Director such remuneration, and such travelling and other allowances, as the Department may determine.
(2) In the case of any such holder of the office of the Director as may be determined by the Department, there shall be paid such pension, allowance or gratuity to or in respect of him, or such contributions or payments towards provision for such a pension, allowance or gratuity, as may be so determined.
(3) If, when any person ceases to hold office as the Director, the Department determines that there are special circumstances which make it right that he should receive compensation, there may be paid to him a sum by way of compensation of such amount as may be determined by the Department.
(4) The approval of the Department of Finance and Personnel shall be required for the making of a determination under this paragraph.
2. The Director may, with the approval of the Department of Finance and Personnel as to numbers, terms and conditions of service, remuneration, pensions and other allowances (if any), appoint such staff as he may determine.
Expenses of the Director and his staff
3. There shall be paid out of money appropriated by Measure—
(a)the remuneration of, and any pension, gratuity, travelling or other allowances payable under this Order to or in respect of, the Director and any staff of the Director;
(b)any sums payable under this Order to or in respect of the Director; and
(c)any expenses duly incurred by the Director or by any of his staff in consequence of the provisions of this Order.
4. The Director shall have an official seal for the authentication of documents required for the purposes of his functions.
Performance of functions
5. Anything authorised or required by or under this Order or any other statutory provision to be done by the Director, other than the making of a statutory instrument (within the meaning of section 1 of the [1954 c. 33 (N.I.).] Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954), may be done by any member of the staff of the Director who is authorised generally or specially in that behalf by the Director.
6. In the [1979 NI 12.] Statutory Rules (Northern Ireland) Order 1979, in Schedule 1 (authorities who are rule-making authorities), in the Part headed “Other authorities” there shall be inserted (at the appropriate place) the following entry—
“The Director General of Gas for Northern Ireland.”.
The Northern Ireland Parliamentary Commissioner
7. In the [1969 c. 10 (N.I.).] Parliamentary Commissioner Act (Northern Ireland) 1969, in Schedule 1 (departments and authorities subject to investigation), at the end there shall be added the following entry—
“Office of the Director General of Gas for Northern Ireland.”.
8. In the [1975 c. 25.] Northern Ireland Assembly Disqualification Act 1975, in Part III of Schedule 1 (other disqualifying offices), there shall be inserted (at the appropriate place) the following entry—
“Director General of Gas for Northern Ireland.”.