- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
3. (1) Explosives regulations may, in relation to fireworks, make any such provision as may be made by such regulations in relation to any other description of explosives; and, accordingly, in section 3(1) of the [1970 c. 10 (N.I.).] Explosives Act (Northern Ireland) 1970 the words “or the sale or use of fireworks” are hereby repealed.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (1), Explosives regulations may—
(a)provide for there to be different categories of fireworks; and
(b)make different provisions for different categories of fireworks.
(3) In section 1 of the Explosives Act (Northern Ireland) 1970 after subsection (4) there shall be inserted the following subsection—
“(4A) Subsections (1) and (2) shall not apply to fireworks of such categories as may be prescribed by Explosives regulations.” .
(4) In this Article “Explosives regulations” has the meaning assigned to it by section 3(1) of the Explosives Act (Northern Ireland) 1970.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: