- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Appropriation (No. 2) (Northern Ireland) Order 1996 and shall come into operation forthwith.
2. The [1954 c. 33 (N.I.).] Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 applies to Article 1 and the following provisions of this Order as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
3. The Department of Finance and Personnel may issue out of the Consolidated Fund and apply towards making good the supply granted to Her Majesty for the service of the year ending on 31st March 1997 the sum of three thousand, six hundred and seventeen million, one hundred and twenty three thousand pounds.
4.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), the Department of Finance and Personnel may borrow on the credit of the aforesaid sum, any sum or sums not exceeding in the whole one thousand, eight hundred and nine million pounds.
(2) Any money so borrowed shall be repaid, with any interest due thereon, out of the Consolidated Fund at any date not later than 31st March 1997.
5.—(1) The sum granted by Article 3 out of the Consolidated Fund is appropriated for the several services and purposes specified in Schedule 1.
(2) In addition to the sum granted by Article 3 out of the Consolidated Fund, there may be applied as appropriations in aid of the grants for the several services and purposes specified in Schedule 1, the sums respectively specified in the third column.
6. The repeals in Schedule 2 have effect.
Clerk of the Privy Council
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: