- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
38.—(1) The Department may make provision by regulations requiring an undertaker executing street works to contribute to the costs incurred or likely to be incurred by the street authority or, in the case of a road subject to a concession, by the concessionaire, in works of reconstruction or re-surfacing of the street.
(2) The regulations may provide—
(a)for a contribution to the cost of particular remedial works, or
(b)for a general contribution calculated in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) In the former case the regulations may contain provision for apportioning the liability where the need for the remedial works is attributable to works executed by more than one person.
(4) In the latter case the regulations may provide for the amount of the contribution to vary according to the nature of the street, the description and extent of the works and such other factors as appear to the Department to be relevant.
(5) The first regulations under this Article shall not be made unless a draft of them has been laid before and approved by resolution of the Assembly.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: