Consequences of recognitionN.I.
30.—(1) This paragraph applies if the Court issues a declaration under this Part that the union is (or unions are) recognised as entitled to conduct collective bargaining on behalf of a bargaining unit.N.I.
(2) The parties may in the negotiation period conduct negotiations with a view to agreeing a method by which they will conduct collective bargaining.
(3) If no agreement is made in the negotiation period the employer or the union (or unions) may apply to the Court for assistance.
(4) The negotiation period is—
(a)the period of 30 working days starting with the start day, or
(b)such longer period (so starting) as the parties may from time to time agree.
(5) The start day is the day after that on which the parties are notified of the declaration.
31.—(1) This paragraph applies if an application for assistance is made to the Court under paragraph 30.N.I.
(2) The Court must try to help the parties to reach in the agreement period an agreement on a method by which they will conduct collective bargaining.
(3) If at the end of the agreement period the parties have not made such an agreement the Court must specify to the parties the method by which they are to conduct collective bargaining.
(4) Any method specified under sub-paragraph (3) is to have effect as if it were contained in a legally enforceable contract made by the parties.
(5) But if the parties agree in writing—
(a)that sub-paragraph (4) shall not apply, or shall not apply to particular parts of the method specified by the Court, or
(b)to vary or replace the method specified by the Court,
the written agreement shall have effect as a legally enforceable contract made by the parties.
(6) Specific performance shall be the only remedy available for breach of anything which is a legally enforceable contract by virtue of this paragraph.
(7) If at any time before a specification is made under sub-paragraph (3) the parties jointly apply to the Court requesting it to stop taking steps under this paragraph, the Court must comply with the request.
(8) The agreement period is—
(a)the period of 20 working days starting with the day after that on which the Court receives the application under paragraph 30, or
(b)such longer period (so starting) as the Court may decide with the consent of the parties.