1. The byelaws may provide that a person contravening them shall be guilty of an offence and be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale for each offence and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding one-tenth of level 3 on the standard scale for each day on which the offence continues after conviction.
2. Where the airport operator is a body corporate, the byelaws shall be made under its common seal.
3. The byelaws shall not have effect until they are confirmed by the Department.
4. At least one month before application for confirmation of the byelaws is made to the Department, notice of the intention to apply for confirmation shall be given by the airport operator in one or more newspapers circulating in the locality in which the airport to which the byelaws relate is situated and such notice shall specify a period of not less than one month during which representations on the byelaws may be made to the Department.
5. For at least one month before application for confirmation is made, a copy of the byelaws shall be deposited at the offices of the airport operator at the airport to which the byelaws relate and shall, at all reasonable hours, be open to public inspection free of charge.
6. The airport operator shall, on application made by any person before the byelaws are confirmed, furnish him with a copy of the byelaws or of any part of them on payment of such reasonable fee as the airport operator may determine.
7. The Department may confirm with or without modifications, or refuse to confirm, any byelaw submitted to it for confirmation, and may fix the date on which a byelaw confirmed by it is to come into operation; and if no date is so fixed, the byelaw shall come into operation at the end of the period of one month beginning with the day on which it is confirmed.
8. A copy of the byelaws, when confirmed, shall be printed and deposited at the offices of the airport operator at the airport to which the byelaws relate and shall, at all reasonable hours, be open to public inspection free of charge; and a copy of the byelaws shall on application be furnished to any person on payment of such reasonable fee as the airport operator may determine.
9. The production of a printed copy of a byelaw purporting to be made by an airport operator upon which is endorsed a certificate purporting to be signed by a person authorised for the purpose by the airport operator and stating—
(a)that the byelaw was made by the airport operator;
(b)that the copy is a true copy of the byelaw;
(c)that on a specified date the byelaw was confirmed by the Department; and
(d)the date, if any, fixed by the Department for the coming into operation of the byelaw,
shall be evidence of the facts stated in the certificate, without proof of the handwriting or authorisation of the person by whom it purports to be signed.