- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Airports (Northern Ireland) Order 1994. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
30. (1) So long as a permission is for the time being in force under this Part in respect of an airport, the airport operator shall comply with such conditions as are for the time being in force in relation to the airport by virtue of the following Articles of this Part.
(2) The CAA shall perform its functions under those Articles in the manner which it considers is best calculated—
(a)to further the reasonable interests of users of airports within the United Kingdom;
(b)to promote the efficient, economic and profitable operation of such airports;
(c)to encourage investment in new facilities at airports in time to satisfy anticipated demands by the users of such airports; and
(d)to impose the minimum restrictions that are consistent with the performance by the CAA of its functions under those Articles;
and section 4 of the 1982 Act (general objectives of the CAA) shall accordingly not apply in relation to the performance by the CAA of those functions.
(3) In performing those functions the CAA shall take into account such of the international obligations of the United Kingdom as may be notified to it by the Secretary of State for the purposes of section 39 of the Airports Act 1986F1.
(4) The duty of an airport operator under paragraph (1) to comply with any such conditions as are there mentioned shall be enforceable in accordance with Articles 39 to 41 (and not otherwise).
(5) Nothing in this Part shall be read as requiring or authorising the CAA to impose or modify any conditions in relation to an airport otherwise than on granting a permission under this Part in respect of it or while any such permission is in force.
(6) Without prejudice to the generality of section 11 of the 1982 Act, a scheme or regulations under that section may make provision for charges to be paid in respect of the performance by the CAA of any of its functions under the following Articles of this Part.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: