- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
16. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3), the provisions of this Part shall have effect in relation to Crown land as they have effect in relation to land which is not Crown land.
(2) The powers conferred by Article 3(2) shall not be exercisable in relation to Crown land, to the extent of the estate therein held by or on behalf of the Crown.
(3) The powers conferred by or under Article 3(2), 7, 8 or 9 shall not, except with the consent of the appropriate authority, be exercisable in relation to Crown land.
(4) In this Article any reference to the Crown includes a reference to the Crown in right of Her Majesty’s Government in Northern Ireland.
(5) In this Article—
“the appropriate authority”, in relation to any land, means—
in the case of land belonging to Her Majesty in right of the Crown and forming part of the Crown Estate, the Crown Estate Commissioners;
in the case of any other land belonging to Her Majesty in right of the Crown, the government department having the management of that land;
in the case of land belonging to a government department or held in trust for Her Majesty for the purposes of a government department, that government department;
and if any question arises as to what authority is the appropriate authority in relation to any land, that question shall be referred to the Department of Finance and Personnel or, as the case may be, the Treasury, whose decision shall be final;
“Crown estate” means an estate—
belonging to Her Majesty in right of the Crown; or
belonging to a government department or held in trust for Her Majesty for the purposes of a government department;
“Crown land” means land in which there is a Crown estate;
“government department” means a department of the Government of the United Kingdom or a Northern Ireland department.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: