- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
5. (1) The Milk Marketing Board for Northern Ireland ( “the Board”) may, at any time before 1st January 1994, apply to the Department for approval of a scheme for the reorganisation of the arrangements relating to the marketing of milk in Northern Ireland ( “scheme of reorganisation”).
(2) An application under this Article shall include—
(a)a copy of the scheme to which the application relates;
(b)a statement of the Board's reasons for believing that the scheme is one which ought to be approved;
(c)a statement, in relation to each successor body proposed to be engaged in milk trading, of the practices proposed to be adopted by it with respect to such trading; and
(d)a statement of the Board's reasons for believing that those practices satisfy Article 6(2)(a)(iii).
(3) Subject to paragraph (4), an application under this Article may be amended or withdrawn at any time before the Department has finally determined it.
(4) An application under this Article may not be amended at any time after the Department has given the Board notice under Article 7(2) or (3).
(5) Where the Board has made an application under this Article, it may not make a further such application until the previous application has been finally determined or withdrawn.
(6) No application under this Article may be made by the Board if it has obtained approval of a scheme of reorganisation under this Part.
(7) The Department may by order extend the period for making applications under this Article.
(8) In paragraph (2)(c), “successor body” means a body to which property, rights or liabilities of the Board are, under a scheme of reorganisation, proposed to be transferred under Article 14.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: