- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
28. (1) For section 62 of the 1970 Act (description of registered land by maps) there shall be substituted:
62. (1) There shall be maintained by or on behalf of the Registrar a series of maps (in this Act referred to as “the registry map”), based on ordnance maps.
(2) On the registry map there shall be marked or defined, in such manner as may be prescribed, the land the title to which has been registered under this Act.”.
(2) For section 63 of that Act (verbal descriptions of registered land) there shall be substituted:
63. (1) Registered land shall be described in the title register—
(a)by means of a verbal description and a reference to the registry map; or
(b)by means of a verbal description and a filed plan, based on an ordnance map; or
(c)in such other manner as, in the opinion of the Registrar, secures accuracy.
(2) The description of land in the title register need not include its area.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: