- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
29.—(1) Any person authorised in that behalf by a Board may at all times enter and inspect any premises in the area of the Board which are used, or which that person has reasonable cause to believe to be used, for the purposes of a residential care home or a nursing home.
(2) Any person authorised in that behalf by the Department may at all times enter and inspect any premises which are used, or which that person has reasonable cause to believe to be used, for the purposes of a residential care home or a nursing home.
(3) The powers of inspection conferred by paragraphs (1) and (2) shall include power to inspect any records required to be kept in accordance with regulations under Article 28.
(4) The Department may by regulations require that residential care homes and nursing homes shall be inspected on such occasions or at such intervals as may be prescribed.
(5) A person who proposes to exercise any power of entry or inspection conferred by this Article shall if so required produce some duly authenticated document showing his authority to exercise the power.
(6) Any person who obstructs the exercise of any such power shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: