Conditions of licences
11. (1) A licence may include—
(a)such conditions (whether or not relating to the activities authorised by the licence) as appear to the grantor to be requisite or expedient having regard to the duties imposed by Articles 4 and 6; and
(b)conditions requiring the rendering to the grantor of a payment on the grant of the licence, or payments during the currency of the licence, or both, of such amount or amounts as may be determined by or under the licence.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (1)(a), conditions included in a licence by virtue of that sub-paragraph—
(a)may require the licence holder to enter into agreements with other persons for the use of any electric lines and electrical plant of his (wherever situated and whether or not used for the purpose of carrying on the activities authorised by the licence) for such purposes as may be specified in the conditions; and
(b)may include provision for determining the terms on which such agreements are to be entered into.
(3) Conditions included in a licence under paragraph (1)(a) may require the licence holder—
(a)to comply with any direction given by the Director as to such matters as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified;
(b)except in so far as the Director consents to his doing or not doing them, not to do or to do such things as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified;
(c)to refer for determination by the Director such questions arising under the licence as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified; and
(d)to refer for approval by the Director such things falling to be done under the licence, and such contracts or agreements made before the grant of the licence, as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified.
(4) Conditions included in a licence under paragraph (1)(a) may—
(a)instead of specifying or describing any contracts or agreements to which they apply, refer to contracts or agreements designated (whether before or after the imposition of the conditions) by the Department or the Director; and
(b)instead of containing any provisions which fall to be made, refer to provisions set out in documents so designated and direct that those provisions shall have such effect as may be specified in the conditions.
(5) Conditions included in a licence may contain provision for the conditions to cease to have effect or be modified at such times, in such manner and in such circumstances as may be specified in or determined by or under the conditions.
(6) Any provision included under paragraph (5) in a licence shall have effect in addition to the provision made by this Part with respect to the modification of the conditions of a licence.
(7) Any sums received by the Director in consequence of any condition of a licence shall be paid into the Consolidated Fund.