- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 1992. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
1. References to the Department or to the council shall be construed as references to the Department within the meaning of this Order.N.I.
2. References to Schedule 6 to the Local Government Act (Northern Ireland) 1972F1 shall be construed as references to that Schedule as modified by this Schedule.N.I.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
3. Omit paragraph 1 of that Schedule.N.I.
4. In paragraph 2 of that Schedule—N.I.
(a)for the words “notice of application” substitute “notice of the Department's intention to acquire the land compulsorily”;
(b)omit the words “in such form and manner as the Department directs”;
(c)in sub-paragraph (c) for the words “as may be prescribed” substitute the words “as the Department considers fit”.
5. In paragraph 3(1)(b) for the words in brackets substitute “if the Department thinks it necessary to do so”.N.I.
6. In paragraph 4 omit the words from “and may provide” onwards.N.I.
7. In paragraph 5—N.I.
(a)in sub-paragraph (1)(a) omit the words “in the prescribed form and manner”;
(b)in sub-paragraph (1)(b) the two references to the said Act of 1972 shall be construed as references to this Order;
(c)in sub-paragraph (1)(d) omit the words “in the prescribed form”;
(d)in sub-paragraph (2) for the words “as may be prescribed” substitute the words “as the Department considers fit”.
8. In paragraph 6(2) for the words “fund out of which the expenses of the council in acquiring the land are to be defrayed” substitute the words “Consolidated Fund” and for the words “out of the Compensation Fund” there shall be substituted the words “made by the Department”.N.I.
9. In paragraph 11(3) omit the words “in the prescribed form”.N.I.
10. In paragraph 12—N.I.
(a)in sub-paragraph (1) omit the words “such” and “as may be prescribed”;
(b)in sub-paragraph (2) for the words from “clerk” to “directs” substitute the words “Department as correct, and publish”.
11. In paragraph 14(1) omit the words “in the prescribed form”.N.I.
12. In paragraph 15(1) for the words “in the prescribed form” substitute the words “in such form as may be approved by the Department”N.I.
13. Omit paragraph 19.N.I.
14. Omit paragraph 20(2).N.I.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: