- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 1992. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
86. (1) If, on an application made by a person required by a notice under this Part to execute any works, it appears to a court of summary jurisdiction that any other person having an estate in the premises has unreasonably refused to give any consent required to enable the works to be executed, the court may give the necessary consent in place of that other person.
(2) Article 13 of the Order of 1981 (powers of entry) shall apply to entry for the purposes of exercising any functions conferred on the Executive by or under this Part, and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, shall apply in particular to entry for the purposes of—
(a)ascertaining whether any function conferred on the Executive by or under this Part should be exercised;
(b)ascertaining whether there has been any contravention of any notice, regulation or direction given, made or applied under this Part;
but so much of that Article as requires notice to be given of the intended entry shall not apply to entry for the purposes mentioned in sub-paragraph (b).
(3) Article 160 of the Order of 1981 (penalty for obstruction) shall apply for the purposes of this Part in the same manner, as it applies for the purposes of that Order.
(4) There shall be included among the matters which are required to be registered in the Statutory Charges Register—
(a)any notice served under Article 76(1), 79(1), 80(1) or 84(4);
(b)any charge created under Article 84(8).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: