- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
4.—(1) The section set out in paragraph (2) shall be inserted—
(a)in the Act of 1959 in substitution for section 123 of that Act;
(b)in the Act of 1960 in substitution for section 5 of that Act; and
(c)in the Act of 1951 in substitution for section 7 of that Act.
(2) The section is as follows—
.0—(1) No widow's or widower's pension may be granted if the marriage with the deceased took place after he or she retired from relevant service.
(2) A widow's or widower's pension shall come to an end on the death of the widow or widower.
(3) Where a widow's or widower's pension is payable the Treasury may, on or at any time after the re-marriage of the widow or widower, direct that it shall cease to be payable.
(4) Where such a direction has been given the Treasury may at any time direct that payment of the pension is to be resumed.
(5) The annual amount of a widow's or widower's pension may be one half of the annual amount of the personal pension.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: