- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Cinemas (Northern Ireland) Order 1991.
(2) This Order shall come into operation on the expiration of two months from the day on which it is made.
2. (1) Subject to paragraph (5), the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(1) shall apply to Article 1 and the following provisions of this Order as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
(2) In this Order—
“the appropriate sub-divisional commander”, in relation to any premises, means the sub-divisional commander of the Royal Ulster Constabulary acting for the police sub-division in which those premises are situated;
“child” means a person under the age of sixteen;
“the Department” means the Department of the Environment;
“film exhibition” means any exhibition of moving pictures which is produced otherwise than by the simultaneous reception and exhibition of programmes included in a programme service; and for the purposes of this definition “programme” and “programme service” have the same meanings as in the Broadcasting Act 1990(2);
“the Fire Authority” means the Fire Authority for Northern Ireland;
“licence” means a licence under Article 3 or a consent under Article 4 and references to a licence of either kind shall be construed accordingly.
(3) Any reference in this Order to an exhibition which requires a lic ence under Article 3 is a reference to an exhibition to which that Article applies; and any reference in this Order to an exhibition which requires a consent under Article 4 is a reference to an exhibition to which that Article applies.
(4) Any reference in this Order to a district council, in relation to any premises, is a reference to the district council in whose district the premises are situated.
(5) For the purposes of this Order, section 20(2) of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(3) applies with the omission of the words “the liability of whose members is limited” and, where the affairs of a body corporate are managed by its members, applies in relation to the acts and defaults of a member in connection with his functions of management as if he were a director of the body corporate.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: