- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
71. (1) If any person in licensed premises procures intoxicating liquor for consumption by a drunken person he shall be guilty of an offence.
(2) If any person aids a drunken person in obtaining or consuming intoxicating liquor in licensed premises he shall be guilty of an offence.
(3) If any person without reasonable excuse brings a drunken person into licensed premises he shall be guilty of an offence.
(4) A person guilty of an offence under this Article shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
(5) A person shall not be convicted of an offence under this Article unless the court is satisfied that he knew or ought to have known the condition of the person in connection with whom the charge is brought.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: