- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
3. (1) If the Department considers that a special body should be established for the purpose of performing any functions which the Department may under Article 4(1) direct the body to perform on behalf of the Department, the Department may by order establish a body for that purpose.
(2) The Department may, subject to the provisions of the Schedule, by order make such further provision relating to that body as it thinks fit.
(3) A body established in pursuance of this Article shall (without prejudice to the power conferred by paragraph (4) to allocate a particular name to the body) be called a special health and social services agency.
(4) Without prejudice to the generality of the power conferred by this Article to make an order, that order may in particular contain provisions as to—
(a)the membership of the body established by the order;
(b)the transfer to the body of officers, movable property, rights and liabilities; and
(c)the name by which the body is to be known.
(5) Before the Department makes an order under this Article, it shall consult with respect to the order such bodies as it may recognise as representing officers who in its opinion are likely to be transferred or affected by transfers in pursuance of the order.
(6) An order under this Article—
(a)may include such incidental or supplemental provision as the Department considers appropriate; and
(b)shall be subject to negative resolution.
(7) The Schedule shall have effect with respect to a special health and social services agency (referred to in that Schedule and the following provisions of this Order as a “special agency”).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: