- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
16.—(1) Subject to paragraph (4), references in this part to the statutory minimum remuneration provided for a worker by an order under Article 15 shall, in the case of a piece worker to whom such an order applies, be construed as references to remuneration, in respect of work executed by him, at such one or more piece rates as are appropriate to secure the result mentioned in paragraph (2).
(2) That result is that an ordinary worker executing the work in question would be able to earn, in any given time worked by him in any week, not less than the amount of remuneration due under the order in respect of the time so worked, as determined by the application, in relation to that time, of any such rate or combination of rates as is mentioned in Article 15(4)(a) or (b).
(3) In paragraph (2) the reference to an ordinary worker in relation to any work is a reference to a worker of ordinary competence to execute the work who has no disability affecting the speed at which he is able to execute it.
(4) In relation to any time during which—
(a)a piece worker (other than a homeworker) is required, whether in accordance with his contract or otherwise, to be available for work and is so available at his place of work, but
(b)no work is available to be executed by the worker, references in this part to the statutory minimum remuneration provided for him by an order under Article 15 shall be construed as references to remuneration in respect of any such time at the rate for the time being fixed by the order in pursuance of Article 15(1)(a) or (b)(i).
(5) In the application of paragraph (4) to a piece worker whose remuneration is calculated by reference to items of work executed by a number of workers of whom he is one (“the group”), the reference to the worker in sub-paragraph (b) shall be construed as a reference to the group.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: