- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
18th March 1987
Laid before Parliament
23rd March 1987
Coming into Operation
25th March 1987
At the Court at Buckingham Palace, the 18th day of March 1987
The Queen’s Most Excellent Majesty in Council
Whereas this Order is made only for purposes corresponding to those of the Social Fund (Maternity and Funeral Expenses) Act 1987:
Now, therefore, Her Majesty, in exercise of the powers conferred by paragraph 1 of Schedule 1 to the Northern Ireland Act [1974 c. 28] 1974 (as modified by section 2(2) of the said Act of 1987) and of all other powers enabling Her in that behalf, is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:—
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Social Fund (Maternity and Funeral Expenses) (Northern Ireland) Order [1987 c. 7] 1987.
(2) This Order shall come into operation on the seventh day after the day on which it is made.
2. (1) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) [1954 c. 33 (N.I.)] 1954 shall apply to Article 1 and the following provisions of this Order as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
(2) In this Order “the 1986 Order” means the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order [1986 NI 18] 1986.
3. In Article 33(2)(a) of the 1986 Order (payments out of the social fund to meet, in prescribed circumstances, maternity expenses and funeral expenses), before the words “to meet” there shall be inserted the words “of prescribed amounts, whether in respect of prescribed items or otherwise,”.
G. I. de Deney
Clerk of the Privy Council
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order is made only for purposes corresponding to those of the Social Fund (Maternity and Funeral Expenses) Act 1987.
It enables the Department of Health and Social Services to prescribe, under Article 33(2)(a) of the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1986, the amounts, whether in respect of prescribed items or otherwise, of payments in respect of maternity expenses and funeral expenses out of the social fund established under that Article.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: