- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Northern Ireland) Order 1985. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
7.—(1) Any person who—N.I.
(a)uses any premises, vehicle, vessel or stall as a sex establishment; or
(b)proposes to do so,
may apply to the council for it to waive the requirement of a licence.
(2) An application under this paragraph may be made either as part of an application for a licence under this Schedule or without any such application.
(3) An application under this paragraph shall be made in writing and shall contain the particulars specified in paragraph 10(2) to (5) and such particulars as the council may reasonably require in addition.
(4) The council may waive the requirement of a licence in any case where it considers that to require a licence would be unreasonable or inappropriate.
(5) A waiver may be for such period as the council thinks fit.
(6) Where the council grants an application for a waiver, it shall give the applicant for the waiver notice that it has granted his application.
(7) The council may at any time give a person who would require a licence but for a waiver notice that the waiver is to terminate on such date not less than 28 days from the date on which it gives the notice as may be specified in the notice.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: