- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Northern Ireland) Order 1985. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
25.—(1) A constable may, at any reasonable time, enter and inspect any sex establishment in respect of which a licence under this Schedule is for the time being in force, with a view to seeing—N.I.
(i)whether the terms, conditions or restrictions on or subject to which the licence is held are complied with;
(ii)whether any person employed in the business of the establishment is disqualified from holding a licence under this Schedule;
(iii)whether any person under 18 years of age is in the establishment; and
(iv)whether any person under that age is employed in the business of the establishment.
(2) Subject to sub-paragraph (4), a constable may enter and inspect a sex establishment if he has reason to suspect that an offence under paragraph 20, 21 or 23 has been, is being, or is about to be committed in relation to it.
(3) An authorised officer of a council may exercise the powers conferred by sub-paragraphs (1) and (2) in relation to a sex establishment in the council's district.
(4) No power conferred by sub-paragraph (2) may be exercised by a constable or an authorised officer of a council unless he has been authorised to exercise it by a warrant granted by a justice of the peace.
(5) Where an authorised officer of a council exercises any such power, he shall produce his authority if required to do so by the occupier of the premises or the person in charge of the vehicle, vessel or stall in relation to which the power is exercised.
(6) Any person who without reasonable excuse refuses to permit a constable or an authorised officer of a council to exercise any such power shall be guilty of an offence and shall for every such refusal be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: