- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Northern Ireland) Order 1985. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
3. (1) The council may grant to any applicant, and from time to time renew, a licence for the use of any place specified in it for all or any of the entertainments to which paragraphs 1 and 2 apply.N.I.
(2) Subject to sub-paragraphs (3) to (5), a licence under this paragraph may be granted—
(a)on such terms and conditions; and
(b)subject to such restrictions,
as may be specified in it.
(3) In specifying any terms, conditions or restrictions in a licence under this paragraph the council shall have regard to any model terms, conditions and restrictions published for the purposes of this paragraph by the Department.
(4) Without prejudice to the generality of sub-paragraph (2), terms, conditions and restrictions may be specified in a licence for the use of any place for an entertainment to which paragraph 1 applies for all or any of the following purposes, namely—
(a)regulating the conduct, days and hours of use and general arrangement of the place;
(b)securing adequate fire precautions;
(c)securing the provision of facilities for the disabled;
(d)securing the provision of adequate sanitary appliances and things used in connection with such appliances;
(e)preventing persons in the neighbourhood being unreasonably disturbed by noise;
(f)securing that there is in force a policy of insurance insuring the holder of the licence in respect of any liability which may be incurred by him in respect of the death of, or bodily injury to, any person while on or about the premises.
(5) No terms, conditions or restrictions shall be specified in a licence for the use of any place for an entertainment to which paragraph 2 applies unless they are so specified for all or any of the following purposes, namely—
(a)for securing general safety at the entertainment for which the licence is granted;
(b)without prejudice to the generality of head (a), for securing adequate access for fire engines, ambulances, police cars or other vehicles that may be required in an emergency;
(c)for securing the provision and maintenance of adequate sanitary appliances and things used in connection with such appliances;
(d)for preventing persons in the neighbourhood being unreasonably disturbed by noise;
(e)for securing the provision and maintenance of receptacles for litter.
(6) Where a licence under this paragraph has been granted to any person, the council may, if it thinks fit, transfer that licence to any other person on the application of that other person or the holder of the licence.
(7) A licence under this paragraph is referred to in the following provisions of this Schedule as “an entertainments licence”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: