- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
Art.12 amends s.5 and repeals s.16 of 1965 c.13 (NI)
13. (1) The Corporation shall be deemed always to have had power to hold and develop land as an industrial estate.
(2) The land to which this paragraph applies and all assets and liabilities of the Corporation held or incurred in connection with that land shall be deemed to have been transferred to the Belfast City Council on 1st October 1973.
(3) The Belfast City Council shall have, and be deemed always to have had, power to hold and develop as an industrial estate—
(a)the land to which paragraph (2) applies; and
(b)any adjacent land which, at the commencement of this Article, is developed by the Belfast City Council as part of an industrial estate.
(4) Paragraph (2) applies to land which—
(a)immediately before 1st October 1973 was vested in the Corporation; and
(b)at that date was developed by the Corporation as an industrial estate,
other than land which, under the Local Government (Transfer of Assets, Liabilities, etc.) Order (Northern Ireland) 1973 [SR 1973/227] , was transferred on that date to a government department.
(5) Paragraphs (1) to (4) shall have effect notwithstanding anything in any other statutory provision and in particular notwithstanding any provision made by or under the Local Government Act (Northern Ireland) 1972 [1972 c.9] ; but—
(a)subsections (3) and (5) of section 134 of the Local Government Act (Northern Ireland) 1972 shall apply in relation to this Order as they apply in relation to an order under that section; and
(b)Articles 9, 12 and 13 of the Local Government (Transfer of Assets, Liabilities, etc.) Order (Northern Ireland) 1973 shall apply in relation to the transfer of land, assets and liabilities by virtue of this Article as they apply in relation to the transfer of assets and liabilities by virtue of that Order.
(6) In this Article—
“the Corporation” means the Corporation of the County Borough of Belfast acting by the Council thereof;
“develop”, in relation to land, includes—
erect, alter or extend buildings thereon;
carry out works thereon;
provide means of access, services and other facilities for persons using the land;
facilitate the doing of such things by another person;
manage and dispose of the land;
“industrial estate” means land developed as a place where trade, business and other commercial or industrial activities may be carried on.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: