- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
18th March 1981
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Agricultural Trust (Abolition) (Northern Ireland) Order 1981.
2.—(1) In this Order—
“the Agricultural Trust” means the Northern Ireland Agricultural Trust;
“the appointed day” means such day as the Department may by order appointF1;
“the Department” means the Department of Agriculture.
(2) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 [1954 c.33] shall apply to Article 1 and the following provisions of this Order as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
3.—(1) The Agricultural Trust shall cease to exist on the appointed day.
(2) Any rights or obligations of the Agricultural Trust and any property held by the Trust shall, on the appointed day, become rights, obligations and property of the Department.
(3) On and after the appointed day, anything which, apart from paragraph (1), would be required or permitted to be done by or to the Agricultural Trust shall or may be done by or to the Department.
(4) Any legal proceedings to which the Agricultural Trust is a party may be continued on and after the appointed day by or in relation to the Department.
(5) Every contract, agreement, licence and authority, whether written or not, and every deed, bond, instrument and document in effect immediately before the appointed day which relates to property, rights or obligations of the Agricultural Trust which are vested in the Department by paragraph (2) shall continue in effect but subject to the following modifications—
(a)if the Trust is a party thereto, the Department shall be substituted as that party;
(b)for a reference (however worded and whether express or implied) to the Trust there shall, as respects anything falling to be done or occurring on or after the appointed day, be substituted a reference to the Department.
(6) An employee of the Trust is not transferred to the employment of the Department by virtue of this Article.
4.—(1) The Agricultural Trust may, with the approval of the Department, pay such compensation as it considers appropriate to or in respect of employees of the Trust who—
(a)suffer loss of employment after the making of this Order; or
(b)have suffered such loss before that making,
because the Trust is to be dissolved.
(2) The Department may pay such compensation as it considers appropriate to or in respect of such employees of the Trust as suffer loss of employment by virtue of Article 3.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: