- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 1981. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
19.—(1) In each financial year the Executive shall submit to the Department, in such form as the Department may direct, estimates of the income and expenditure of the Executive during the next-following financial year and shall submit such other information relating to those estimates as the Department may require.
(2) Without prejudice to any other statutory provision requiring the Executive to obtain the Department's approval or consent, the Department may approve estimates submitted under paragraph (1) either in whole or in part or subject to such modifications or conditions as the Department thinks fit.
(3) The Department may at any time approve an amendment to the estimates approved under paragraph (2) in such manner as it may determine.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), the expenditure of the Executive shall be in accordance with estimates approved under paragraph (2) but where the Department is satisfied that any expenditure not provided for by the estimates has been, or will be, reasonably and properly incurred in any financial year, the Department may sanction such expenditure notwithstanding that it has not been provided for by the estimates.
(5) Where, for whatever reason, the Department has not approved the estimates for a financial year at the beginning of that year, the Executive may, until estimates for that year are approved, incur expenditure not exceeding 40 per cent of the amount of the estimates approved for the preceding financial year.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: