- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
(a)a person who under a decree becomes entitled to a legacy or any sum of money or securities, is an infant or is out of the United Kingdom; or
(b)the court is satisfied that the address of any person so entitled cannot be ascertained without undue expense or delay;
the court may order that the legacy, sum or securities be lodged, in accordance with rules made under section 82 of the Judicature (Northern Ireland) Act 1978 [1978 c.23] , either in the High Court or in the county court.
19. Subject to rules made under section 82 of the Judicature (Northern Ireland) Act 1978 [1978 c.23] , a county court shall have the like jurisdiction as the High Court under section 63 of the Trustee Act (Northern Ireland) 1958 [1958 c.23] , to receive lodgments of money or securities in the hands or under the control of trustees where the amount or value thereof does not exceed[F1 £45,000], and the said section 63 shall have effect accordingly.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
20. (1) In any proceedings for the administration of or otherwise relating to the estate of a deceased person, or relating to any money or securities, in the hands or under the control of trustees, the court may at any time order money or securities to be lodged in court in accordance with rules made under section 82 of the Judicature (Northern Ireland) Act 1978.
(2) Paragraph (1) shall not prejudice or affect the operation of sections 38(5) and 43(2) of the Administration of Estates Act (Northern Ireland) 1955 [1955 c.24] , or any other statutory provision authorising the lodgment of any moneys in a county court.
21. (1) Where in any cause or matter in the High Court money is in any manner recovered by or on behalf of, or adjudged or ordered to be paid to or for the benefit of, a person who is an infant or of unsound mind, the High Court may order the money or any part thereof to be paid into or transferred to the county court of the division in which that person resides or such other county court as the High Court may order.
(2) On the making of any such order, the money or the part thereof to which the order relates shall be paid or transferred according to the order, and shall, subject to any special order or direction of the High Court and to rules made under section 82 of the Judicature (Northern Ireland) Act 1978 be invested, applied or otherwise dealt with for the benefit of the person to whom the order relates in such manner as the county court in its discretion thinks fit.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: