- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
13.—(1) The common law offence of arson is hereby abolished.
Para.(2) adds para.3(h) to sch. to 1952 c.67;
Para.(3) amends s.26(1) and repeals s.26(2)(5) of 1953 c.3 (NI)
Para.(4) rep. by 1981 NI 2
Para.(5) rep. by 1978 c.5
(6) The statutory provisions mentioned in Schedule 2 are hereby repealed to the extent specified in column 3 thereof; and where any such statutory provision has been applied by or incorporated in any other statutory provision the repeal shall extend so as to repeal that statutory provision as so applied or incorporated.
(7) Where it appears to the Secretary of State that any provision of a local Act or of any instrument made thereunder is inconsistent with or has become unnecessary in consequence of this Order he may, after consultation with any person appearing to him to be concerned with that provision, by order amend that provision so as to bring it into conformity with this Order or repeal it.
(8) An order made under paragraph (7) shall be subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House of Parliament in like manner as a statutory instrument and section 5 of the Statutory Instruments Act 1946 [1946 c.36] shall apply accordingly.
(9) Without prejudice to the operation of section 28 of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 [1954 c.33] (effect of repeal), the repeal by this Article or an order under paragraph (7) of any statutory provision relating to procedure or to the jurisdictional powers of any court shall not affect the operation of that statutory provision in relation to offences committed before the repeal takes effect or to proceedings for any such offence.
Paras. (10), (11) rep. by 1991 NI 16
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: