- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
1. The Board shall consist of—N.I.
three members appointed by the Head of the Department;
six members being representatives of employers in agriculture and appointed by the prescribed organisation or organisations representing those employers in such manner, and according to such method of distribution as between the several organisations (if more than one), as the Head of the Department may determine;
six members being representatives of workers in agriculture and appointed by the prescribed organisation or organisations representing those workers in such manner, and according to such method of distribution as between the several organisations (if more than one), as the Head of the Department may determine.
2. The Head of the Department may designate one of the members appointed under paragraph 1( a) to be chairman of the Board.N.I.
3. The members of the Board shall hold office for such term and subject to such conditions as the Head of the Department may determine.N.I.
4. The Department shall pay to members of the Board such remuneration and expenses as the Department, with the approval of the Department of the Civil Service may determine.N.I.
5. The Board may act notwithstanding a vacancy in its number.N.I.
6. Subject to the provisions of any regulations, the Board may regulate its own procedure.N.I.
7. The quorum for a meeting of the Board shall be six.N.I.
8. The Board may appoint committees consisting of members of the Board.N.I.
9. The Department may appoint a secretary for the Board who shall receive such salary or remuneration as the Department may, with the consent of the Department of the Civil Service, determine.N.I.
10. The Department shall pay to the Board such sums, up to an amount sanctioned by the Department of Finance, for enabling the Board to meet any expenses which may be incurred with the authority or approval of the Department, by the Board or any committee thereof in carrying this Order into effect.N.I.
11. In any legal proceedings the production of a document purporting to be a copy of a resolution or order passed or made by the Board, and certified to be a true copy by the Chairman or secretary of the Board, shall be sufficient evidence of the resolution or order, and that any notices required to be given by this Order in relation to the resolution or order have been duly given, and no proof shall be required of the handwriting or official position of the person certifying the same.N.I.
1. Where the Board grants to any worker a permit under Article 6(1) the provisions of this Order relating to sick pay, holidays and holiday remuneration which, but for the permit would be applicable to the worker shall apply to him except so far as the permit otherwise provides.N.I.
2. Where, under Article 5(2)( a) a period of sickness or injury is treated, in circumstances such as are described in that sub-paragraph, as being during the currency of a worker's employment by any person, the worker shall, for the purposes of Article 9(1), be deemed to be employed by that person throughout that period.N.I.
3. The provisions of Article 9(1) shall have effect as if a failure to pay holiday remuneration at such times and subject to such conditions as are required in pursuance of this Order were a failure to pay wages at a rate not less than the minimum rate.N.I.
4. The provisions of Article 9(4), (5) and (6) shall apply in the case of proceedings against an employer for failing to allow to a worker a holiday in accordance with this Order, and the provisions of Article 9(10) shall have effect so as to make void any agreement as to holidays which is inconsistent with this Order and any agreement to abstain from exercising the right to holidays given by this Order.N.I.
5. Article 13 shall have effect with the addition of the following words, that is to say “or for the allowance of holidays with remuneration for a greater number of days than a worker is entitled to be allowed under this Order”.N.I.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: