- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Agriculture (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Northern Ireland) Order 1977, Section 20 is up to date with all changes known to be in force on or before 28 April 2017. There are changes that may be brought into force at a future date. Changes that have been made appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
20.—(1) The Department may by regulations subject to negative resolution amend any enactment to which this Article applies—
(a)by substituting an amount, quantity or rate expressed in metric units for an amount, quantity or rate not so expressed; or
(b)by substituting an expression which is compatible with the use of metric units for an expression that has reference to a non-metric unit (for example “acreage”).
(2) This Article applies to the following enactments, that is to say—
(a)the provisions of the Acts mentioned in Schedule 1 which are specified in the third column of that Schedule;
(b)any other provision contained in an enactment (whenever passed), being a provision whose subject-matter is akin to that of any of the provisions so specified.
(3) Any amendment made in an enactment by regulations under this Article shall be such as to preserve the effect of the enactment except to such extent as in the opinion of the Department is necessary to obtain amounts, quantities or rates expressed in convenient and suitable terms.
(4) Before making any regulations under this Article the Department shall consult such organisations as appear to it appropriate as representing any interests concerned.
(5) Regulations under this Article may contain such incidental, supplemental and consequential provisions as the Department considers expedient.
(6) In this Article “enactment” means any provision of a public general Act, of a local, private or personal Act, of a provisional order confirmed by an Act, of a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly, or of any Order in Council, order or warrant (other than an Order made or a warrant issued by a court), scheme, rule, regulation or bye-law made or having effect under an Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: