- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to Solicitors (Northern Ireland) Order 1976. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
Whole provisions yet to be inserted into this Order (including any effects on those provisions):
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
17. Subject to any order for the payment of costs that may be made on an application under paragraph 3, 5, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16 or 19 any costs incurred by the Society for the purposes of this Schedule shall be paid by the solicitor and shall be recoverable from him as a debt owing to the Society.N.I.
18. The Society may do all things which in their opinion are necessary for the purpose of facilitating the exercise of their functions under this Schedule and in particular may for that purpose employ and pay agents.N.I.
19. The Society may apply toF1. . . the High Court for an order making provision for the disposal and destruction of any documents which may be in their possession by virtue of this Schedule or for the transfer or payment by or to any person of any moneys to which this Schedule relates.N.I.
20. If any claim or charge is made or any proceeding is taken against the Society or their servants or agents for any act or omission by the Society or their servants or agents done or made in good faith and in the execution or purported execution of the functions conferred under this Schedule the Society or their servants or agents, as the case may be, shall be reimbursed out of the Compensation Fund established under Article 55 for all or any costs or damages which they may have incurred in relation to such claim, charge or proceeding.N.I.
21. The Society may make regulations for the purposes of carrying the provisions of this Schedule into effect and such regulations may include incidental, ancillary or supplemental provisions.N.I.
22. References in this Schedule to a banking[F2 or building society] account include references to any deposit or other such account as well as to a current or drawing account.N.I.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: