- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
[17th March 1976]
1. This Order may be cited as the Department of Housing, Local Government and Planning (Dissolution) (Northern Ireland) Order 1976 and shall come into operation on 1st April 1976.
2.—(1) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954 [1954 c.33] shall apply to Article 1 and the following provisions of this Order as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
(2) In this Order—
“statutory provision” has the meaning assigned to it by section 1( f) of the Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954; and
“transfer date” means the date on which this Order comes into operation.
3.—(1) All functions which immediately before the transfer date are exercisable by the Department of Housing, Local Government and Planning or by the Head of that Department shall, as from that date, be exercisable respectively by the Department of the Environment and the Head of that Department.
(2) All assets and liabilities to which the Department of Housing, Local Government and Planning is entitled or subject immediately before the transfer date shall on that date be transferred to the Department of the Environment and accordingly, as from that date, by virtue of this Order and without any further conveyance, transfer or assignment those assets shall vest in, and those liabilities shall become liabilities of, the Department of the Environment.
Para. (3) rep. by 1999 NI 1
4.—(1) In the construction and for the purposes of any statutory provision, judgment, decree, order, award, deed, contract, regulation, byelaw, certificate or other document passed or made before the transfer date, any reference to, or which is to be construed as a reference to, the Department of Housing, Local Government and Planning shall, so far only as may be necessary for the purposes of this Order, be construed as a reference to the Department of the Environment.
(2) The transfer of functions by this Order shall not affect any order, regulation, rule, appointment, direction, instruction, approval, requirement or authorisation made or given or other thing done by the Department of Housing, Local Government and Planning before the transfer date, but any such matter shall, if in force immediately before that date, continue in force to the like extent and subject to the like provisions as if it had been duly made, given or done by the Department of the Environment.
(3) Anything commenced before the transfer date by or under the authority of the Department of Housing, Local Government and Planning may, so far as it relates to any function transferred by this Order, be carried on or completed by or under the authority of the Department of the Environment.
(4) Where at the transfer date any proceeding is pending to which the Department of Housing, Local Government and Planning is a party, the Department of the Environment shall be substituted in the proceeding for the Department of Housing, Local Government and Planning, and the proceeding shall not abate by reason of the substitution.
(5) In this Article “Department” includes the Head of the Department.
Art. 5 rep. by 1999 NI 1
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: