- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
1. The Poisons Board shall consist of a Chairman appointed by the Head of the Department, the Poisons Inspector and other members so appointed as follows—N.I.
(a)three persons appointed after consultation with the Council of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland;
(b)two persons appointed after consultation with the Faculty of Medicine of the Queen's University of Belfast;
(c)one person appointed after consultation with the Department of Agriculture;
(d)one person appointed after consultation with the Council of the Royal Institute of Chemistry;
(e)such other persons, not exceeding four, as the Head of the Department thinks fit.
2.—(1) The term of office of members of the Poisons Board shall be three years or such other period as may be specified by the Head of the Department at the time the appointments are made.N.I.
(2) The term of office of the Chairman shall be at the discretion of the Head of the Department.
3. Where the place of a member becomes vacant before the expiration of his term of office whether by death, resignation or otherwise, the vacancy shall be filled by appointment by the Head of the Department, and any person so appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office of the former member.N.I.
4. A person shall, on ceasing to hold the office of Chairman or the office of member, be eligible for re-appointment.N.I.
5. The proceedings of the Poisons Board or of any committee thereof shall not be invalidated by any vacancy in the membership of the Board or committee or by any defect in the appointment of any person acting as Chairman or any of its members.N.I.
6. The quorum of the Poisons Board shall be seven, but, subject thereto and to such rules, if any, as the Head of the Department may prescribe, the Board may regulate its own procedure, and appoint such sub-committees and assign to them such functions as it thinks fit.N.I.
Schedule 2 — Amendments
Schedule 3 — Repeals
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: