- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to Births and Deaths Registration (Northern Ireland) Order 1976. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
42. (1) Where the age or death of a person is required to be proved for the purposes of any statutory provision specified in Schedule 1, any person shall, on presenting a written requisition in such form and containing such particulars as may be specified by the Department and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed, be entitled to a certified copy of the entry of the birth or death of that person in the relevant register under the hand of the person having the custody thereof or stamped with the seal of the General Register Office.
(2) Forms for the requisitions referred to in paragraph (1) shall, on request, be supplied without charge by any person having the custody of a register.
(3) The General Register Office and any registrar having custody of a register may, on payment of the prescribed fee, issue such information (including copies of or extracts from registers) as may be required for the purposes of any statutory provision specified in Schedule 1.
(4) The Secretary of State may by order made subject to affirmative resolution add to the statutory provisions specified in Schedule 1 any other statutory provision for the purposes of which paragraphs (1) to (3) are to be applied.
(5) Where an order is made under paragraph (4), this Article and Schedule 1 shall have effect accordingly.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: