- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to Drainage (Northern Ireland) Order 1973. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
This section lists the commencement orders yet to be applied to the whole Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing. Where applicable the commencement orders are listed under two headings, firstly those that bring some part of the Order you are viewing into force and secondly, those that bring into force legislation that affects some part of the legislation you are viewing. If you are viewing a prospective version or there is a prospective version available there may be commencement orders listed here that are relevant to the provision you are viewing.
14.—(1) An Arbitration Tribunal constituted in accordance with the provisions of the principal agreement may determine, in accordance with those provisions, any dispute or difference between the Ministry and the Board arising out of the principal agreement.N.I.
(2) Subject to sub-paragraph (4), the Ministry shall, on the request of a Tribunal constituted as aforesaid, cause to be produced for inspection by the Tribunal such documents, books, records or accounts in its possession as are relevant to the matter at issue before the Tribunal.
(3) Subject to sub-paragraph (4), a Tribunal constituted as aforesaid may, for the purpose of determining any such dispute or difference, by summons require any person to attend, at such time and place as is set forth in the summons, to give evidence or to produce any documents or articles in his custody or under his control which relate to any matter pending before the Tribunal, and may hear, receive and examine evidence on oath, and for that purpose may administer oaths, or may, instead of administering an oath, require the person examined to make and subscribe a declaration of the truth of the matter respecting which he is examined.
(4) Nothing in sub-paragraph (2) or (3) shall authorise a Tribunal constituted as aforesaid to require any person to produce any book or document, or to answer any question, which he would be entitled, on the ground of privilege or otherwise, to refuse to produce or answer if the Tribunal were a proceeding in a court of law.
(5) Any person who—
(a)refuses or wilfully neglects to attend when required to do so by any Tribunal constituted as aforesaid or to give evidence in the manner required by the Tribunal; or
(b)who wilfully gives false evidence before the Tribunal or wilfully alters, suppresses, cancels, destroys or refuses to produce any document or article which he may be required by the Tribunal to produce;
shall, without prejudice to any of the provisions of the [F1 Perjury (Northern Ireland) Order [1979 NI 19] 1979], be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding 100, or to both.
(6) Counsel of the Bar of Ireland or any solicitor entitled to practise in the Republic of Ireland may, notwithstanding any other statutory provision, practise in connection with any hearing in Northern Ireland of any Arbitration Tribunal constituted as aforesaid, and may appear and represent the Board at such hearing.
(7) Any award of a Tribunal constituted as aforesaid may, by leave of the High Court, be entered as a judgment in terms of the Award, and shall thereupon have the same force and effect as a judgment or order of the High Court.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: